Jenny Diehl is the founder and love curator of Cura.Te, a natural products company based in Durango, Colorado. Cura.Te specializes in natural products in large part due to Jenny’s concerns that unlabeled chemicals in products made by largely unregulated companies have much more negative effects than you may think. By holding Cura.Te to organic standards, she aims to put safer and still just as effective products on the market.
In this episode, Jenny asks us to rethink how we think of and treat our skin, explains how to pare down the products you own to make a safer home, and impresses why high SPF sunscreen isn’t as helpful as you think.
The Finer Details of This Episode:
– How our skin is actually our largest body, and why that should make us reconsider how we treat it.
– Why Cura.Te being certified organic means it’s held to a higher standard than most other companies.
– The important distinction between soap and a detergent.
– “Decluttering” harmful and unnecessary chemicals from our homes,
– Some chemicals you should be on the lookout for when making your cleaning purchases, especially sodium laureth sulfate (SLS).
– Rethinking our approach to sunscreen and avoiding sunburns.
– Jenny’s 20-minute self-care ritual that you can try out yourself.
“Everything we put on our skin, that touches our skin, is going directly into our bloodstream.”
“Is something that’s killing aquatic life something that you want to be putting on your skin? I don’t think so.”
“Gotta get that aluminum out.”
Cura.Te homepage – https://curateforlife.com/
Cura.Te on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Lovecurate-289135865063713/
Cura.Te on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lovecurate/
Cura.Te on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3rQBdXhk8kPadgaSOu4Aeg
Curate on Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.ca/lovecurate9919/
Subscribe & Review in iTunes:
Have you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do so and not miss an episode. You’ll be the first to know when bonus episodes are added, and if you’re not subscribed, you could miss out :). Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, I would be truly grateful if you left me a review on iTunes. It makes my day to read them. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what you love and what you want to hear more of. Thank you!