Even the best of us fall prey to the bathroom scale’s single, commanding number, although we all know weight alone doesn’t truly accurately indicate how healthy or unhealthy we are. One of Kelly’s friends and Kelly herself have been tricked into thinking they’re much more fit than they actually were because of the bathroom scale’s widespread influence. So while you maybe shouldn’t throw out the scale, know that the number it rings up is not the sole means of determining your fitness.
In this episode, Kelly tells us why the bathroom scale isn’t telling us the whole truth and suggests a few alternative numbers we can use to make genuinely helpful assumptions about our health.
The Finer Details of This Episode:
– Why not feeling good about ourselves holds us back from the activities we really want to do (and which could make us feel better!).
– What a DEXA scan told Kelly about her body that a simple scale couldn’t.
– Kelly lays out some alternative measurement systems that will give you a more accurate understanding of how physically fit you are.
– Do you want to lose fat and burn muscle? Figure out exactly what your food intake is.
– Real fitness and weight loss comes with exercise, so be honest with yourself and others about how often you’re working out in a given week.
“Use your good sense and check with your doctor if you think you need to change something.”
“I want to be able to do whatever it is I wanna do for as long as I possibly can.”
“It’s the living and dying by the scale that takes away the joy and the fun in life.”
“We really need to be sweating several times a week.”
“Get serious about your long-term health and start tracking your numbers.”
DEXA Total Body Composition Scan – https://www.dexafit.com/services/dexa-scan
Thinner Leaner Stronger by Michael Matthews – https://www.amazon.com/Thinner-Leaner-Stronger-Building-Ultimate/dp/1938895312
Fit Is Freedom homepage – https://fitisfreedom.com/
Podigy – https://podigy.co/
Subscribe & Review in iTunes:
Have you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do so and not miss an episode. You’ll be the first to know when bonus episodes are added and if you’re not subscribed, you could miss out :). Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, I would be truly grateful if you left me a review on iTunes. It makes my day to read them. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what you love and what you want to hear more of. Thank you!