Kelly frequently receives emails and questions from people who are very driven and successful in the professional world but feel like their physical life has taken a hit, barely able to find the time or energy to stay active and in shape. While this kind of life may be financially and professionally rewarding, it’s going to burn you out in no time at all. That isn’t very rewarding, but neither is it your only option. There’s a way to succeed and feel energized.
In this episode, Kelly discusses her own rough experience balancing business with activity, explains the key main components of feeling good, and suggests some ways you can keep these aspects of your life in sync.
The Finer Details of This Episode:
– Kelly describes the “either/or” stage of her life when she wasn’t able to find a healthy or energizing equilibrium between her responsibilities and pastimes.
– The moment Kelly realized her work-life-fitness balance was severely off-kilter, and what she did to recalibrate.
– Food: plan when you’re going to eat and keep a little bit of food on hand if you’re too busy for a proper meal.
– Sleep: stay on top of tasks and avoid distractions so your mind is clear when you crawl into bed at night.
– Movement: if you’re unable to find the time to exercise at the start of your day, find ways to sneak exercise into your day—the “snack” version of exercise rather than a “meal.”
– Stress management: using meditation—or simple distraction—throughout the day to keep anxious thoughts from coming to a head.
– If you find you’re feeling exhausted too frequently, then book a checkup with your doctor.
“It’s so easy to get caught up in work and not nourish yourself.”
“When I get super busy, I find that I have to figure out small ways to get exercise in.”
“Work with your schedule and make sure you’re getting the exercise in.”
“When you and your well-being are a priority, then your energy’s gonna stay high and everything else will fall into place.”
“A body in motion stays in motion.”
Lumosity – https://www.lumosity.com/en/
Fit Is Freedom ep. 21, “Sleep is a Superpower” – https://fitisfreedom.com/sleep-is-a-superpower/
Fit Is Freedom homepage – https://fitisfreedom.com/
Podigy – https://podigy.co/
Subscribe & Review in iTunes:
Have you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do so and not miss an episode. You’ll be the first to know when bonus episodes are added, and if you’re not subscribed, you could miss out :). Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, I would be truly grateful if you left me a review on iTunes. It makes my day to read them. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what you love and what you want to hear more of. Thank you!