As this episode goes live, most of the world is still in the throes of COVID19. I’ve noticed emotions getting a little frayed lately with some of the people I’ve been in contact with. I had a couple of meltdowns myself that weren’t pretty. But, they were productive. Productive because I realized I needed to manage my stress even more and I needed to manage the external input that was coming into my world.
I’d been limiting my news intake substantially and with who I was interacting, definitely keeping a distance from my less positive friends. But, what I hadn’t realized was how much I was limiting my interactions with others, across the board. That’s not good for us. We’re social animals and the dogs and cats just don’t carry the conversation well.
This week I’m sharing some of my new favorite ways to manage stress and stressful emotions. Remember, when we do good, we feel good.
- Find a way to connect with people via zoom, phone calls, reaching out to people who are more isolated.
- Writing thank-you notes and sending them in the mail
- Social media is a great way to connect, but likes and shares aren’t communicating
- Stay away from people who speak negatively on social media
- Limit your news intake. Especially in the morning and at night.
- If there’s something you NEED to know about, you’ll hear about it.
- Find a podcast or other media that uplifts you (remember to link to “The Positive Podcast” and “Quick Brain”)
- Be careful about what you watch on TV
- Read the book “Words can change your brain” for some eyeopening ideas!
- Keep your day as “routine” as possible
- Wake up and give gratitude, spend some time journaling, add movement to your morning
- Do something to help someone else or makes you feel good each day.
- Is there some way you can help healthcare professionals and others who are extra busy during this time?
- How can we elevate ourselves in this moment of time?
Subscribe & Review in iTunes:
Have you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do so and not miss an episode. You’ll be the first to know when bonus episodes are added, and if you’re not subscribed, you could miss out :). Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, I would be truly grateful if you left me a review on iTunes. It makes my day to read them. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what you love and what you want to hear more of. Thank you!