The FUN40 came from a few different ideas. The first came from my friend as she explained the 75HARD book. She was super excited about finishing it, with good reason.
The second inspiration for the FUN40 was when I was reminded of a “challenge” we did in the group years ago. I think we called it the “Fit and Fun” challenge. Everyday, we had to do something for fitness and something for fun, and they could be the same thing.
As challenges go, we learned something we didn’t expect; scheduling something fun every day was more effort than expected.
There was a third spark of inspiration as I listened to all the 75HARD rules. I remembered that I don’t really like rules. In fact, at this point in life, suggestions are great, but rules rankle!
Below you’ll find a rough outline of the FUN 40. Make sure you RSVP, and we’ll go over all the suggestions, how to have them work best for you, and how to play the game.
Before you say, “this sounds great, but I’m going to be traveling,” don’t worry. Rules can be bent and fun activities while traveling should be easy.
Listen to the full podcast episode below!
- A Completely NEW Way to Train for Your Fitness – Episode 160
- You’re Invited to the FUN~40 Fitness Group! – Episode 159
- How to hit the RE-START Button for Your Fitness – Episode 158
- How Intermittent Fasting and Pilates Makes You Lean & Strong: Interview with Heike Yates – Episode 157
- Why Starting Small is Starting Smart When Setting Goals: Interview with Jane Hogan – Episode 156
Ready for easy Fitness Consistency, Accountability & Community?
we’re on fire…🔥🔥
High-level 75HARD rules
- 2 – 45 minute workouts per day
- Follow a diet
- No alcohol
- No cheat days
- Drink one gallon of water daily
- Take a photo of yourself daily
- Read 10 minutes per day
- Do something fun each week
- Take a photo at the beginning and the end
- Eat mindfully – what, when, and how you eat
- Skip the desserts, sweets, sodas and adult drinks
- Drink water based on your weight and activity level
- Take time to journal/meditate/pray/read daily – that fits your beliefs
- Workout 20++ minutes daily (with a minimum of 10 minutes of mobility, yoga or stretching)
- Join the accountability group and get ready for a little friendly competition 😇
- Take a day each week to rest, relax, recharge and renew.
This is all.
What Results Can You Expect?
Based on past challenges I’ve led, such as Sugar Freedom and Fit & Fun:
- You’ll lose weight, probably 1-2 pounds a week.
- You’ll sleep better
- Stress levels will drop
- You’ll make new friends
- Plus, you will have started on habits that can change your life for the good.
Is There A Catch?
There’s only one hard and fast rule 🙂 You need to schedule something fun to do every week; bonus points for more than one fun activity in a week.
Bonus – your small accountability group will result in BFFs, best fitness friends!
Want to join us? RSVP here.
Am I too Late?!
If you’re finding this after we have already started? No problem. Register anyway, because this is one we’ll do again and again. We all want more Fit & Fun in our lives.
Are you a subscriber to the Fit is Freedom Podcast? Thank you! If not, subscribe so you never miss an episode. You’ll be the first to know when bonus episodes are added. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, I would be truly grateful if you left me a review on iTunes. It makes my day to read them. From the Podcasts app, just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review,” and let me know what you love and what you want to hear more of. Thank you!