Looking for a quick way to course correct and refocus on your goals and aspirations? Join me this week on the Fit is Freedom Podcast as I share an easy exercise that I complete once every 90 days that helps me evaluate where I am at, adjust where I’m heading, and envision my future successes.
Listen to the full podcast episode below!
Or Watch the Video on YouTube!
- Start Sooner Than Later – The Ones You Love Will Thank You! – Episode 189
- Optimize Your Health After 45: A Deep Dive into the Best Supplements for Women – Episode 188
- Wellness Boosts: Top Fitness & Health Devices Revealed – Episode 187
- The View from the Top of the Mountain – Using Adventure to Elevate Your Fitness – Episode 186
- Interview with Author Julia Goodfellow-Smith: Walking the Camino de Santiago – What it Takes! – Episode 185
Ready for easy Fitness Consistency, Accountability & Community?
we’re on fire…🔥🔥
7-Question Guided Journal Session
If you’re a pilot, getting off course even 1% could be the difference between you landing in your desired location and somewhere hundreds of miles away. Similarly, it’s usually in the small decisions adding up that we get caught up and, of course, with our health and fitness goals.
One exercise I love practicing is journaling, and there’s a specific journal I do every 90 days or so that lets me pause, evaluate my journey, and make small adjustments. Here are the questions I answer…
- Where am I at?
Whether your answer focuses on your mental or physical state, this is a great starting point. Think about how you’re doing and where you are currently as a way to understand how you feel things are going.
- Where have I come from?
What has happened in the past 90 days (or it could be longer if it’s your first time to do this prompt)? Think about your journeys and your challenges, and just let them flow freely on the paper.
- What do I want to accomplish in the short term?
In other words, where do you want to be 90 days from now? What do you want to be writing about yourself when you do this journal entry again?
- What were my wins in the last 90 days?
Now that you have thought about where you’ve come from and what you want, it’s time to focus on the positive by pointing out what has gone well.
- What are my desired wins in the next 90 days?
Seeing what has gone well so far is great, but now it’s time to shift to the future. Think about those wins you want to be jotting down next journal entry time, and write them here.
- What are my desired wins in the next 12 months?
Expand your goals even further. Picture yourself in a year’s time. What wins do you want to be celebrating?
- What are my desired wins in the next 5 years?
Lastly, think long-term. What wins do you desire to see in 5 years? Are there some bigger aspirations you want to check off your list? Jot them down here!
Are you a subscriber to the Fit is Freedom Podcast? Thank you! If not, subscribe so you never miss an episode. You’ll be the first to know when bonus episodes are added. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, I would be truly grateful if you left me a review on iTunes. It makes my day to read them. From the Podcasts app, just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review,” and let me know what you love and what you want to hear more of. Thank you!